Deep-fried mackerel TatsutaCourse: Easy, Fish, Japanese FoodCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
Japanese Mackerel Fillet – 280g
Dash of Salt
Potato Starch – 1/2 cup
Oil for deep frying
- Seasoning A
Soy Sauce – 3 tablespoon
Cooking Sake – 1 tablespoon
Mirin – 1 tablespoon
Ginger Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Sprinkle salt on the mackerel and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Mix Seasoning A and soak mackerel in it.
- Cut mackerel into pieces that are easy to eat and sprinkle with potato starch.
- Fry in 180 degree oil. Fry until golden and crisp, Around 3-4 minutes a side. Use a slotted spoon to turn over fish pieces.
- When done, gently remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain further on paper towels.
- Serve while still piping hot, arranged on a platter. Squeeze lemon juice over the pieces just before serving.
Ginger Paste (Mother’s) 200g₹50.00
Soy Sauce Kikkoman 1LtrProduct on sale
Potato Starch 500g₹150.00