Gyoza – pan-fried dumplingsCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Japanese, ChineseDifficulty: Easy
- Chop the cabbage, shiitake mushroom and spring onion.
- Place them in a medium-sized bowl. And add the minced pork into it.
- Add the chicken seasoning powder and mix all ingredients well.
- Add sesame oil and potato starch and mix well. Knead the mixture with your hands if needed.
- Add a small spoonful of filling, about 1 heaping teaspoon, in the middle of the gyoza wrapper.
- Dip your finger in the water and moisten all around the wrapper edges.
Fold the wrapper in half to make a semicircle shape.
- Press tightly on the edges to close the gyoza. There shouldn’t be any gaps as the filling can ooze out when the gyoza hits the pan.
Repeat the process until all of the filling is used.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add enough canola oil to coat the bottom, 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Place the prepared gyoza in the skillet and fry until the bottoms become brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Once the bottoms are golden turn down the heat to low.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water in the skillet and cover. Steam the gyoza on low heat until the water is gone.
- Serve gyoza with soy sauce on the side, the optional grain vinegar and la-yu chili oil are recomended.
- Soy Sauce Kikkoman 1LtrProduct on sale
- Minced Pork 250g₹200.00
- Potato Starch 500g₹150.00
- Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder 800gProduct on sale
- Gyoza Sheet 300g₹150.00
- Dried Shiitake Mushroom 100gProduct on sale
- Mizkan Grain Vinegar 500ml₹520.00
- Layu Chili Oil S&B 33ml₹250.00