Japanese Fried TofuCourse: Easy, Japanese Food, VegCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
- Put water in a deep pot and soak the kombu for about 30 minutes.
Place pot over low heat. Just before the water comes to a boil, remove the kombu. (You can save the kombu to use in other dishes.)
Then put soy sauce and mirin in it, and bring to a boil.
- Wrap the tofu with paper towels, and place it on a flat tray. Put a flat plate or something on top of the tofu to drain water, and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Dry the tofu with paper towels, and cut to the size you like.
Dust the tofu with potato starch to coat the pieces completely.
- Fry in 180 degree oil.
- Deep-fry the tofu pieces until they turn light brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place each fried tofu piece in a small dish and pour the sauce over it. Garnish with grated radish and ginger, if using.
Soy Sauce Kikkoman 1LtrProduct on sale
Potato Starch 500g₹150.00
Morinaga Silken Tofu Firm 349g₹230.00
Dried Kombu Leaf 85g₹250.00