Simmered Hijiki SeaweedCourse: SidesCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
Konnyaku Jelly and Chikuwa Fish Cake also can be used for ingredients.
- Rehydrate dried hijiki in some water for about 30 minutes and drain.
Cut Carrot and Fried Tofu (Abura age) into thin around 3cm long stripe.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add carrot first and fry until the oil blends into a whole, then add drained hijiki and Fried tofu, and fry.
- Add ★ marked ingredients.
Once boiling, simmer on low heat to remove water. Boil while mixing on the way.
- When the broth is left on the bottom of the pot, turn off the heat and leave it in the pot to remove the heat and taste soaks in.
- Serve as a side dish or for bento lunch box.