SukiyakiCourse: Dinner, HomepartyCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
Sukiyaki is a Japanese dish made of beef, vegetables, tofu, and noodles simmered in a sweet sauce called, warishita.
When eating sukiyaki, a scrambled raw egg is used as the dipping sauce normally.
But this recipe use pork instead of beef and use boiled egg instead of raw egg.
Chinese cabbage, Shiitake mushroom, Crown daisy, Enoki mushroom and Udon are also often used as an ingredients.
- ★ Make Warishita
- Put Sake and Mirin in a pan and heat over high heat until boiling.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat and add Soy sauce and sugar. And then heat over medium heat until sugar has melted.
- – Make Sukiyaki –
- Cut the pork and tofu into a reasonable size, also cut the leek diagonally.
- Boil Ito Konnyaku – Japanese noodle made from the root of the konjac plant – for 2-3 minutes then drain very well.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and bake the leek. Take leek out when it gets brown.
- Add pork, bake lightly. Then add Warishita sauce.
- Once the sauce is warm, add the tofu, vegetables, and other ingredients. Then boil them up.
- When the whole is cooked, enjoy it.