Unohana – Simmered Soy Bean PulpCourse: SidesCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
Okara – 400g
1oz Carrot (peeled and cut into thin and small rectangles)
Konnyaku Jelly Black – 100g (cut into thin and small rectangles)
2 stalk of Spring Onion
Cooking Sake – 2 tablespoons
Mirin – 4 tablespoons
Soy Sauce – 6 tablespoons
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Dashi Soup
2 cups of water
Kombu Dashinomoto – 1 teaspoon
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in water for about an hour to rehydrate.
After drain mushrooms, reserving the water in a small bowl. (This can use as dashi soup water)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and slice thinly.
- Take 2 cups of water (include mushrooms dashi) and mix with kombu dashi.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry carrot on medium heat until cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and konnyaku, and stir-fry together. Add okara and cooking sake, and stir-fry until heated through.
- Pour the all seasonings and dashi soup over okara and stir-fry until the moisture is almost gone.
- Add spring onion slices and mix.
- Enjoy healthy eating!